Thursday, July 24, 2014

YDF, 7.24.14

1990 Topps Batting Leaders #12

These special "Top Active Career Batting Leaders" cards were K-Mart exclusives found in 100-card blister packs of 1990 Topps (one per pack).  K-Mart/Topps did the same thing in 1989, though the cards from that year had red borders.  I guess these things are kinda rare since--depending on the player--some of the cards from this set carry a somewhat bloated asking price on eBay, etc.  However, you can probably find a copy of this Lansford for a buck or cheaper.

MK

4 comments:

  1. It's really weird how the cartoon hands holding the cartoon bat seem like they belong to Lansford.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spot on! When I got this as a kid, I used to marvel at that. I guess I still do!

      Delete
  2. I had never seen those before, cool card!

    ReplyDelete