Friday, March 27, 2015

10 Days

1994 Donruss Triple Play #297

We are closing in on single digits, folks!  Just 10 days until we are graced with a new season of Mets baseball. The Amazins travel to Washington on April 6 to battle Max Scherzer and the Nats.

Twenty-six men have worn the No. 10 for the Mets, including Rusty Staub, Rey Ordonez and current skipper Terry Collins.  But, I decided to cheat a little and use a Butch Huskey rookie card.  You may recall that Big Butch was one of the last players to ever wear 42 in the big leagues, and he wore it 401 of his 414 career games as a Met.  But, for 13 games during the 1993 season, Huskey was No. 10.  Hey, it was an easy way for me to sneak another personal favorite into the countdown!

Added Knowledge:  Making his big league debut, Huskey went 0-for-3 with three K's, as the Mets were no-hit by Houston's Darryl Kile on Septebmer 8, 1993.

MK

1 comment:

  1. My life has been so busy lately that this countdown is literally the only thing reminding me how close we are to baseball. Might have something to do with the foot plus of snow I've still got across my front lawn too! Either way, thanks for keeping it going!

    ReplyDelete