Saturday, July 9, 2016

deGolden Boy


In a truly jaw-dropped-to-the-floor moment, I was recently tweeted at by Robert of $30 A Week Habit in regards to the above card which he had pulled from a retail pack.  He wanted to know if I needed it.

My well-considered answer?  YES!!!!!!!!

This bad boy is /50 gold relic of Mr. deGrom from this year's Gypsy Queen.  A true beauty.


See?  Only 49 other copies of this in existence!  Unquestionably the rarest card I have of the slender righty with the flowing locks.  Also my first relic of any of the young Mets pitchers.

Very cool!


Because he's an awesome guy, Robert also included a few extra Mets odds 'n ends, including this fancy Opening Day insert of Jake.



Plus pair of silver MLB Debut inserts from this year's Topps set.  You can't' go wrong with The Franchise or the Captain -- no matter how sadly decrepit the latter has become these past couple years.


This had to be the most fun card of the care package, though.  Todd Pratt doesn't have a whole lotta cards as a Met (a real shame, by the way), but this is undoubtedly the best of 'em all.  The Tank lives!

I can't thank you enough, Robert!  I don't know what I did to deserve the nod on that golden deGrom, but I'm definitely a lucky fella to have such great blogging friends!

MK

3 comments:

  1. Great package, and an awesome Pratt card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad they arrived safely Mark! Cards such as this belong in the hands of those who will truly enjoy them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love that Todd Pratt card! He's on that obscure-guys-I-collect list and I can't believe I've never seen that one before.

    ReplyDelete