Saturday, May 16, 2015

Zistle the Fifth: A Quickie


A very quick and simple transaction constituted my fifth Zistle trade since joining the site. This particular transaction was with member AUTaxMan.

The centerpiece of the exchange was Jacob deGrom's Topps rookie from 2014 Update.  I have a copy of this card as part of my '14 Update set, but I was lacking one towards my Mets collection.  Problem solved!  Happy to finally secure this card of last year's NL Rookie of the Year.


Believe it or not, I'm still missing a few cards from last year's Topps base set.  Acquiring this Mejia leaves me a Juan Lagares and a Dillon Gee shy of putting it to bed.

By the way, I really, really, really wish Topps would east up a bit on their tight photo cropping.  Too claustrophobic for my taste on both of those cards.


There are five Mets cards within the checklist of last year's Update Chrome release.


I already had the Daisuke, and now I'm 3/5 of the way home with the addition of these two.  Still missing the two deGroms (one of which is a pesky "Rookie Debut" subset card).

Short and sweet; nothing wrong with that!

MK

No comments:

Post a Comment