Monday, September 17, 2012

If it's Free, It's for Me

2002 Topps "East Meets West" (#EW-TS)

So I finally took the Listia plunge and this is the first card that I obtained.  You get 600 credits just for signing up, and I think I "spent" in the neighborhood of 130 credits for this one.  Tsuyoshi Shinjo cards are pretty rare to come across at card shows -- at least in my experiences here in Delaware -- and I don't feel like overpaying for any on eBay.  So, I was pleasantly surprised to come across this one.  A nice addition to my Shinjo collection.

I still think Listia is a little clumsy to browse around, but maybe that's because I'm not used to it yet.  I prefer the look and navigability of eBay.  Then again, eBay never gave me anything for free.  So, I suppose I'll continue to scour Listia for some more treasure like this in the future.

MK

3 comments:

  1. Nice card! I've been wanting to pick up one of these "East Meets West" inserts for a while now.

    I also made my first Listia "purchase" this week, something which I'll probably share on the blog sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started out on Listia too. Made my 1st purchase yesterday - a dual GU basketball card for 254 credits. Not too shabby. I did lose out on an Ike Davis 2012 purple refractor though since it got a little higher than my initial credits could afford.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most refractors I've come across have been in the thousands of credits. Homey don't play that!

    ReplyDelete