Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Friday Pairing

Happy Weekend!

Mine began on Friday (and will continue through Monday) since our school district is observing the long President's Day holiday weekend.  Many thanks to George and Abe!

Things got off to a nice start when my Friday mail arrived, bearing a pair of yellow mailers with my name on them.  [Ed. Note:  Believe it or not, I have to check the name to be sure.  Lately, Mrs. K has caught the cardboard fever and begun buying some Washington Redskins cards off COMC.  Who knew??]

The first is from Roy at Plain Gray Swatch; it's the first time he and I have exchanged cards.  His package arrived with the note, "Enjoy the azules."

I did.



In clockwise fashion starting from the top left, we have Nos. 29, 47, 72 and 233.

We continue to rock 'n roll here at the Clubhouse blog with the Wal-Mart blue parallels.  This four-pack of card brings the ol' Blue Meter count up to 117 of 330, or 35% complete.  As Roy did, feel free to drop me a line if you have any spare 2013 blue's laying about.  I'm sure we can work out a trade!

And once again, thank you, Roy!

The second mailer contained some 2011 Topps Heritage cards that I was lacking from my base checklist.  They came via Johnny at Cards from the Quarry.  Johnny is another first-time trading partner.  I'm certainly happy to add Roy and Johnny to the growing list of bloggers I've swapped cards with.


 

This threesome of new additions leaves me just 47 cards shy of completing the 425-card base set.  We won't even discuss the SP situation here, but it's grizzly, believe me.


This nice-looking duo already resides in my 2011 Heritage collection, but that's no big deal.  I collect cards of both players, so they'll slide right in to my player collection box.

Thanks for the cards, Johnny!

So there you have it.  A couple of smaller-type trades, but those are always weclome.

Enjoy your weekend, folks!  We'll catch up soon...

MK

2 comments:

  1. Hey, now that I know you collect the HanRam, I can see a few of those into out next swap.

    Glad you like the azules. Looking at them now, that Beltre and the Parra are great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't say this often, but I kinda wish I lived near a Wal-Mart. Those blue parallels are pretty awesome. I like the "azules" label, too.

    ReplyDelete