Monday, April 25, 2016

One Met at a Time, Vol. 10


[Ed. Note: I recently surpassed the 8k mark in my Mets collection, so I thought it would be a fun idea to start picking through the cards one-by-one and presenting them here.  So, that's what this is.  Enjoy!]

Player Name:  Jeff Kent

Card Info:  1995 Sportflix, #30

Normally, getting a Sportflix card to scan properly is normally akin to putting a tutu on a weasel.  Not necessarily impossible but statistically very difficult to accomplish.  [Ed. Note: That's entirely a guess on my behalf and I don't have any hard data to support it, but I have a strong hunch a weasel has never worn a tutu.] For some reason, though, the '95 Sportflix cards have treated my scanner and me quite decently.  I guess the planets aligned -- and the weasel reluctantly donned the tutu -- in the case of the attractive scan you see above.

At the time of this post, there are 70 Jeff Kent cards in my Mets collection.

MK

1 comment:

  1. I only have a few of these cards, but I like them. This is a set I would collect if I could find a box cheap enough.

    ReplyDelete