Monday, January 21, 2013

House Cleaning, aka Trades Anyone?


Since I work at a public school and we were not in session because of MLK Day, I took advantage of some free time.  I finally filed away all the cards that needed to be filed within my player collection boxes.  I tidied up my desk and put away a lot of doubles and triples into their appropriate boxes.

I still have a little ways to go to reach the level of order that I'd like, but I feel much more organized than I did at this time last year.

Okay, so long story short, I've come across a few nice cards -- relics, autos, refractors -- that don't really fit into any part of my collection.  And I'd like to find an appropriate place for them in someone else's collection.

Take the above silk collection card, for example.  I really like this card, and it's a neat concept.  If this were, say, David Wright or any other Met, or somebody like Steven Strasburg or Albert Pujols, I wouldn't be in a rush to ship this away.  As it is, however, this is Hector Santiago.  I gotta believe there is a White Sox fan out there who would like to have this in his/her collection.  Or maybe someone who collects silk cards?  I dunno, I collect some interesting players and things, so anything is possible.

Likewise, this manupatch of Josh Beckett.


In the time since I pulled this from a 2012 Update blaster several months ago, I've tried to contact various Red Sox bloggers.  Either they responded with zero interest or just ignored me (and/or this card) completely.  Go figure.


As with the silk card, I got this Granderson All-Star jersey card in a hobby box of Topps Update.  And, just like the silk card, I like card design and the colors.  I'm just not nuts about Curtis Granderson.

I also have a pair of autographed cards that I really don't need.  Nothing spectacular here, but if someone collects auto cards or Tampa Bay Rays cards or cards of minor leaguers no one has ever heard of...  Well, here ya go.



And finally, a trio of refractors.  I used to collect Carl Crawford cards, but have become incredibly disinterested in him since he left St. Pete.  Plus, y'know, his career has taken a nosedive.  Oh, and the Oswalt is numbered 068/250 (in case that resonates with anyone).





So there you have it.  I have no idea if anybody would be interested in any of these.  But, if you happen to desire any or all and would like make a trade, just leave me a comment or shoot me an email.  Because trades are fun!

And, if you're not interested, well, at least you got to look at some baseball cards.

MK

No comments:

Post a Comment