Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday Night Heritage


A long and trying week at work plus a trip to Target on my way home Friday equaled a pair of 2013 Heritage blister packs.  Six total packs plus six special black-bordered parallels made for a happy kickoff to the weekend.

These half-dozen retail packs netted me just eight cards towards the 425-card base checklist, including Terry "Popeye" Collins above.  A modest yield, but hey, those are the breaks.

For the second consecutive occasion, the two blister packs gifted me three total short prints.  But, unlike last time, all three cards were new to me.


A pretty good grab with Pujols and an unspectacular-albeit-necessary acquisition of Buchholz.


Two nice cards of exciting second-year player Yoenis Cespedes.  Also a proud member of my fantasy baseball team.

Now onto the super-cool black parallels...


These might be the best-looking black parallels Heritage has seen in the past few years.


What a great McCutchen card, with the dreamy springtime sky in the background and such.


A splash of #Natitude plus a helping of Big Game James.  A pretty nice pitching combo.

And there you have it.  Three awesome SPs, a nice Cespedes insert and a six-pack of black borders.  By far, these blister packs are my favorite vehicle for buying Heritage.  If I could go back in time, I would've held off on buying the hobby box and just spent my ducats on a bunch more of these.

Oh well, there's always next year...

MK

1 comment:

  1. Great looking cards!

    I've gotta say, that McCutchen and Kuroda are phenomenal!

    Nice pulls.

    ReplyDelete