Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Come Early!


As I've mentioned, Mrs. K and I are expecting our first little bundle of joy any day now.  As a result, we've decided to scrap our normal Christmas travel plans.  In other words, instead of driving around the entire Garden State visiting family and friends on the 24th and 25th, we've dropped anchor and will remain here at Kaz Manor through the holiday season.  After all, we live literally five minutes from the hospital where we plan to welcome the newest edition of the Kaz clan.  Thus, no need to stray an hour or two from home base.

While I must admit it's a tad bit sad not to visit all the normal holiday haunts, staying put has its advantages. Namely, all your family and friends come to you!  What a novel idea!

That also means, in some cases, a little touch of Christmas giving/receiving before the jolly fat man in the red suit makes his rounds.

Yesterday, the in-laws paid a visit for dinner and brought with them some goodies for the wife and me (and for Future Kaz, too!).  To my delight, the above little box of cheer made its way into the fold.  I can't wait to bust into this bad boy and check out all the great cards and, of course, the autograph.  I don't feel right breaking into it prior to the actual holiday, though, so I've decided to be a patient lad for another day.


Mother Kaz also made the trip down to Delaware over the weekend.  She was excited to present me with this 2013 Topps Football set because of the special EJ Manuel patch card displayed on the front of the box.  It's very rare to find anything that remotely resembles Buffalo Bills gifts or apparel 'round these parts, so she took this as a sign from God that this should be my gift.  Hey, I'm O.K. with that!  Though, I feel bad for Mrs. K, because I think she probably found the same item at our local Target and bought it for me, as well.  [Ed. Note: Fine, for the purposes of full disclosure, I may or may not have thrown a hissy fit and begged her to buy it for me a month ago when I first saw it.]

I hope everyone out there is having a fun and festive Christmastime so far.  Enjoy the season and remember to tell your family and friends you love 'em!

Merry Christmas to all!

MK

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with the birth of Future Kaz and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Mark and congrats on the upcoming birth of your child. Nice Heritage gift for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas and best of luck with the new addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and congrats on the soon-to-be newest member of the Kaz family! Looking forward to seeing the High Numbers whenever you get the time.

    ReplyDelete