Saturday, June 15, 2013

And Then There was One...


Anyone notice that Topps pushed back the release date of Series 2?  Me neither.

Okay, well, obviously I did notice.  And this isn't exactly a shock.  I guess it falls in line with the rest of the product release dates that Topps has had to delay this year, including Archives and Allen & Ginter.  What's the cause?  Who knows.  One thing's for sure, the stuffed shirts at Topps aren't taking the extra time to unearth some never-before-seen photos for cards of retired players.

But, I'm in no hurry for Series 2 to arrive, as I'm not yet finished with Series 1.  By the closest of margins I'm shy of a complete set of base cards.

One lousy card.

And it isn't even a regular card, it's one of those annoying "Postseason Highlights" cards.  Of a Yankee, to boot. Of the super-sized C.C. Sabathia.  Card No. 283.

I thought I knocked out all my checklist needs at the last show I attended about a month ago, yet I came home to discover that the Sabathia card I nabbed was his regular base card, No. 52. Which I already had.  D'oh!


On the insert front, I'm also just one stinkin' card short of finishing off the '72 minis.  Cal Ripken, Jr. has eluded me to this point.  I found the card for a buck at the aforementioned show last month, but didn't pull the trigger for some reason.

If anyone can lend a hand on either front, give me a shout.  I'm sure we can work out a trade.

Happy collecting, and enjoy your weekend!

MK

1 comment: