Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Bricks in the Wall


Yesterday I received a PWE from Marcus (All the Way to the Backstop) which contained a couple of 2011 Topps Cognac parallels.  To accompany them a note reading, "Some more bricks in the wall," referring to my leisurely pursuit of collecting the liquor-colored variants.

The use of this phrase is kinda funny in a coincidental kinda way, as I've been watching -- in between Bissell-cleaning months worth of doggy stains from the living room carpet -- a documentary on History 2 this afternoon about the construction and the eventual razing of the Berlin Wall.  I don't want to veer too far from baseball and trading cards, but the segmentation of Germany in this way and the effect it had on so many innocent people is an almost surreal nook of history.  Like something a evil king or ogre would do in a two-bit fairy tale.  I guess what they say is true; truth is often stranger than fiction.


Anyhow, these are a couple of attractive Cognacs to add to the ol' collection.  Thanks for the new 'bricks', Marcus!

If only baseball cards had made their way into the Soviet Union and the Eastern Bloc in the early '60s...

MK

2 comments:

  1. Easy Professor! What's with all this learnin'? It's summah-time!

    Just kiddin'. I really like the look of that Hunter Pence card, chasin' it down Michael Jordan-style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so this post motivated me to sort out all my 2011 Cognacs / liquorfractors. I have 59 of them available, you can have first pick if you send along an email. I also have a proposal for you on the Heritage black border cards....

    ReplyDelete