Monday, August 27, 2012

Heritage Cards...and Artwork, too! (A Trade with Fantastic Catch)


A trade I had worked out with Weston at the Fantastic Catch blog finally came to fruition when I received a package from him over the weekend.  It was well worth the wait, as he hooked me up with a nice big stack of 2011 Topps Heritage cards.  I scanned some of my favorites from the group, which you can see above.  I especially like the Victor Martinez (top right) and Chase Utley (bottom left) cards.  Pretty classic poses right there.  Also, what's up the Ian Kinsler card on the bottom right?  Kind of strange how the Topps folks left so much space between the top border and the crown of his shaggy-haired head.  No matter, cards like this give the set character.

Anyhow, as much as I loved the cards -- by the way, he also threw in a nice bundle of 2012 Heritage cards and a few extra Archives cards -- it was the presentation that was the true prize-winner.  The '11 Heritage cards were encased in this nifty, homemade wrapper:


How great is that?!  I will definitely be holding onto this.  I may even put it in the spine of the future binder that will house my completed set.  The little personal touches on a trade are always appreciated and make the experience that much more fun.  It is a hobby, after all.

Thanks for the trade, Weston!

MK

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the artwork. Thought you might like it with how much you like the 2011 Heritage set.

    ReplyDelete