Thursday, March 7, 2013

Blue Light Special

I was all set to write about the neat little odds 'n ends I pulled from my hobby box of 2013 Heritage, but all that changed when I found a yellow mailer in the ol' Kaz mailbox earlier today.  You know how much I love Heritage, but it'll have to take a backseat on this occasion.

The famously (or is it infamously?) obsessive ARPSmith from the left coast emailed me out of the blue (pun intended) last week about the cards he was planning to send.  And he certainly delivered, hooking me up big-time with 21 cards towards my Wal-Mart blue parallel project.

Twenty-one additions means I'm up to 193 cards from the 330-card Series 1 checklist.  To quantify further, I'm 58% through the journey!

Among the booty were five of the best horizontal cards S1 Topps has to offer.

#4
There's nothing better than the combined exultation of battery mates following a hard-earned victory.

#64
Is this the best photograph from 2013 Topps?  If it's not, it's undoubtedly in the top three.

#91
Kinda like the Yadi Molina card, except a lot less traditional.  Al and Kelly celebrate Red Sox victory in Seattle.

#249
I despise the Phillies, and hated these unis back in the day.  But, former-Phil Worley actually wears it well here.

#277
This card probably would have benefited from a photographic zoom-out.  Still, it's totally quirky-cool.

Adam, thanks a million for helping out with these blue beauties.  A Giant-centric 'thank you' package will be coming your way in the not-too-distant future.

MK

No comments:

Post a Comment